Sunday, November 18, 2012

Daily Reports

At the end of the day I always fill out the Daily Reports while the students are in their last centers of the day. On Friday, one of the boys sat next to me and wanted to write reports too. I let him use one of my gel pens and some paper and he got to work. Then one by one the boys (who were building in blocks/playing in the play kitchen) came, asked for a pen, and began writing too. The conversation at the table was incredible! They were all writing while talking about everything they had done that day. They kept talking about how they had to write everything down in their reports and that they were very busy. One boy exclaimed, "this is just so cool! I have never written reports before!" It made my day to see this group of students who were forgoing blocks to write with me. So I think from now on I will have paper and gel pens available to whoever wishes to write reports with me that day.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment